|Designer(s)||Johnathan A. Reid|
|Genre(s)||First-person survival horror|
|Platform(s)||Anima and Microsoft Windows|
|Media||Optical disc, download|
|Input methods||Gamepad, keyboard & mouse|
- "Christ Can't Save You Now"
- ―Official Tagline
Before Christ is an upcoming 2015 first-person survival horror video game developed by Crystal Perfection and published by NINE100 Studios for NCS Anima and Microsoft Windows. The game is set in the middle Paleolithic period near it’s end in an unknown country and follows a neanderthal man struggling to survive as he is exiled from his tribe.
Before Christ runs on the Ignition Engine created by NINE100 Studios due to it's dynamic fire mechanics and first-person optimization, the game features no Heads-Up-Display to create a realistic and immersive experience as well as adding to the players vulnerability
- Experience everlasting fear as dynamic creatures hunt you down and track your every movement reacting to the slightest noise you emit.
- The beautiful environmental vistas distracts the player from the danger often lurking nearby.
- Create offensive and defensive tools for survival using the dynamic crafting system to combine the materials around you.
- No Heads-Up-Display gives the player the true meaning of survival.
Before Christ is played from the first-person perspective and doesn't feature a traditional Heads-Up-Display, only using visual and auditory cues indicating that the players health is low or when they are injured. The playable character is physically robust but extremely weak against the creatures that roam the plains, with weapons being absolutely useless.
- Tyrannosaurus Rex<
- Kaprosuchus saharicus
Before Christ is set in the middle paleolithic period near it’s end in an alternative universe.
Betraying his tribe leader, a neanderthal man and his pregnant wife are forced to flee the safety of the tribe.
The game's sound team mixed a variety of organic and in-organic sounds to create the noises that the dinosaurs make, the Achillobator is a mixture bloodcurdling screams, Predator chirps and tiger roars mixed with bird noises.